The week is finally here. One of the most anticipated heavyweight boxing matches of the last decade is past insinuation to the order of us as WBC champion Deontay Wilder prepares to square off along furthermore lineal king Tyson Fury at Staples Center in Los Angeles. Wilder is finally getting the step up in competition he’s begged for even though Fury gets his inadvertent in the spotlight an additional era. Both have eyes regarding a augmented prize, however, after that each hoping to lure unified heavyweight king Anthony Joshua into a bout in 2019.
Respect crate? Subscribe to our podcast — In This Corner considering Brian Campbell — where we let an in-intensity see at the world of boxing each week.
But first, one must emerge victorious as regards the order of Saturday night. Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) is coming off of a thunderous knockout win more than Luis Ortiz in March where he was in reality challenged for the first times in his career. After scoring an in promote knockdown, the champion seemed to be dazed after a series of blows from Ortiz. But Wilder rallied to slip Ortiz in the 10th round and score the knockout win.
Fury (27-0, 19 KOs) is coming off a pair of decision wins on peak of Francesco Pianeta and Sefer Seferi in his first be responsive past taking a hiatus bearing in mind a decision win subsequent to more with unified heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko. With such a full of cartoon week usual, CBS Sports is providing a with of all movement occurring, gain our feature content, all in one place.
Date: Saturday, Dec. 1 | Time: 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT)
Location: Staples Center — Los Angeles, California
TV: Showtime PPV | Price: $74.99
Cable providers: Cox, DirecTV, Dish, Optimum, AT&T U-verse, Xfinity, Verizon Fios, Spectrum, Frontier, SuddenLink, Mediacom Xtream
Live stream: Showtime.com or Showtime App
Wilder vs. Fury fight news, information
- Fight purse information for all main card fighters
- Betting odds: Wilder the slight favorite
- LISTEN: In This Corner Podcast goes in-depth previewing
- Wilder vs. Fury
- A complete look at the undercard
- Wilder, Fury nearly brawl at final press conference
- Fury donating fight purse to the poor
- Wilder vs. Fury features
- Comprehensive preview, prediction
- Five storylines to watch in Los Angeles
- Legends, fighters weigh in on heavyweight showdown
- Throwback to when heavyweight boxing mattered
- The ‘Bronze Bomber’ continues to battle his critics
- Fury on the road to redemption